And safety comes first.

Monday, March 7

Story: Climbing my way to knowledge.

Today I fancied apple trees and pearl necklaces. I wore three pearl necklaces, while carving my lover's name into an apple tree. The tree began to cry, begging me to stop. It said, "Stop! Please stop and eat an apple." I climbed up the tree to search for the prettiest, shiniest apple in the giant green crown, and the tree swallowed me in its enormity. Just kidding. Trees don't have digestive systems. But the apple monkey does, and it swallowed me as I reached for the prettiest, shiniest apple near the top. The apple monkey thinks it's hot shit with my pearls around its neck. Meanwhile, the apple tree is scarred with my lover's name, yet the monkey can't read. I hope you never forget this important lesson, my dear children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're a good (no, make that excellent) fiction writer -- not just poetry, but actual prose-style fiction, with paragraphs 'n' stuff! (I'm not at all surprised, but I thought I'd point it out.)
If you're ever in the mood to write any longer fiction (which is kind of like saying If you're ever in the mood to crawl accross Antarctica backwards), please do...

Anonymous said...

Whoops! Some writer I am: misspelled across -- everybody knows that it's actually spelled ackross...