And safety comes first.

Sunday, October 9

Please help! (No, she's not dead.)


Recently, I purchased an oversized plush bed for my Siberian husky. After a week now, she is still sleeping on the floor. I've tried everything to get her to use this bed: put a few pieces of kibble in the middle of it, refuse food altogether until she goes on it, threaten her with the vet's office on the phone. Nothing has worked. I find her behavior tremendously disturbing. I fear that she has adopted the bed as her own child. I don't want to take the kind of action that would traumatize my dog, i.e. bag the bed and return it to Petco. How should I tell visitors that my dog has difficulty separating fact from fiction?

1 comment:

Xolo said...

Dog beds tend to radiate heat back to the dog. Seeing that your dog has a rather nice and warm coat, it probably doesn't want to be any warmer than she already is.

Another reason might be that the bed smells foreign to her. Try putting some of the fur she has shed or some towels that you dry her off with in the bed.

As to the visitors, who cares what they think. Your dog is way cooler than they are anyway.