And safety comes first.

Sunday, January 21

Fake as they come!

The titles for my last two posts are so desperate sounding. Those exclamation marks, they're so telling! Not only am I without emotion, but I am without wit. I rely on exclamation marks to feign feeling, which, upon this third offense, makes me a feigner of feeling. It's like when you're at a poetry reading and some acclaimed somebody is reading a lot of her poetic words--more than she needs to, if you ask me--and you are saying these other words in your head: hackneyed, cliched, trite, pedestrian, tedious, uninspired, and toilet paper. In these situations I become a regular feigner of feeling, an shameless exclamation-mark-abuser, one who applauds and nods in a yes, yes, this imagery is so fresh! fashion. Liars stink, but at least I shower every day and use deodorant.

3 comments:

Mark D. said...

Apropos of nothing

My mom sends me letters which require the following punctuation code-break:

One exclamation mark = a comma
Two exclamation marks = a period
Three exclamation marks = one exclamation mark
Four exclamation marks = a period

Therefore the following sentence

"Mark! Here are pictures of your niece! Which I printed off the internet!! She is quite the baby Einstein! According to your brother!! She even uses the word "intestine"!!! I remember when you used that word as a baby!!!!"

Can be translated as

Mark, here are pictures of your niece, which I printed off the internet. She is quite the baby Einstein, according to your brother. She even uses the word "intestine"! I remember when you used that word as a baby."

Anonymous said...

The world is built on fakery, though, and there are three major grades of fake: fake, faker, and fakest. If you're just fake, that means that you're real.

Anonymous said...

Particularly by L.A. standards.